It’s not possible to simply ignore the importance of Social Media marketing for all UK businesses, large or small: chances are your customers and competitors are using platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, even if you don’t.
Social media is an economical way to advertise your business and build long lasting relationships with your customers. If you post regularly with a consistent quality brand message (but certainly not ‘product pushing’) then I guarantee you will increase sales far more quickly than with traditional print advertising.
If you need more convincing reasons, then read on!
- If you share a link to your website on Social Media it will increase the links for Google to index and improve your rankings in Google.
- Become part of conservations your customers are having about you and your products.
- Establish your brand and brand message over a wide range of media: making your company ‘real’ to current and future customers.
- Keep up to date with developments in your industry and contribute to those developments with your specialist knowledge.
- Find out what your customers like by tracking interest in your messages.
Finally, just in case you aren’t fully convinced, some numbers and facts:
93% of shoppers buying decisions are influenced by Social Media
97% of consumers search for a local business online
71% of consumers who receive a quick response on Social Media are more likely to recommend that business to friends.
20 minutes is the average time a user spends on Facebook, on each visit….not per day, per visit!
32 billion searches are carried out on Twitter each month.
Pinterest will account for 40% of Social Media driven purchases, yet most businesses don’t even use it!